Sponsored by: The Health Archives and Museum Board of Newfoundland and Labrador
Administered by: ARNNL Education and Research Trust
This scholarship was created to honor Kay Daley, an amazing leader in nursing and nursing administration in our province. The Kay Daley Leadership Legacy Fund will award one scholarship annually to a nurse who is pursuing a continuing education program or event that will enhance leadership development.
Value: up to $1,000
April 15th - Applications for leadership conferences/workshops between January 1st and June 30th only
October 15th - Applications for other all other CE activities
- There is only one scholarship awarded annually.
- Funding decisions for the Spring competition will be made in early-mid May. The Fall funding decisions will be made in mid-late November.
- Applicants will be notified whether or not their application is successful. Notifications will be sent via email using the address provided in your application. Please be sure to provide an email address that you check regularly.
- If your application is for a non-credit continuing event, the Trust will reimburse the amount of your bursary after you submit the required documentation.
- Due to an increase in the number applications, we are no longer able to respond to individual requests for information regarding the status of an application.
Applications are accepted from Registered Nurses who:
- are employed in nursing in NL,
- are participating in a continuing education program/event that is relevant to the development of nursing leadership,
- are members in good standing with ARNNL, and
- are members of the ARNNL Education & Research Trust.
- All ARNNL members with a current practicing license are members of the Trust. ARNNL members with a current non-practicing membership can become members of the Trust by paying the $10 Trust membership fee.
- Preference will be given to applications from current practicing members.
How to Apply
Please review the Application Requirements Document before you begin the application. The requirements for supporting documentation are outlined in the document.
Applications must be completed using the Online Application Form.
Applications must be submitted by the appropriate deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful, you will be required to submit additional supporting documentation in order to claim your bursary (e.g., receipts, proof of enrolment/attendance, etc.). The notification e-mail from the Trust will outline the specific documenattion requirements for your bursary. Please ensure you retain copies of relevant documents.
The Trust Awards Committee will rank the applicants on the basis of the following criteria (in order):
- personal statement,
- financial need (as determined by whether the applicant has received funding from other sources; personal financial information is not used).
Please see the Tips & FAQs page for answers to frequently asked questions and advice on completing your application. If the information you require is not listed there, please use the Online Contact Form to send us your question.