One bursary is awarded by the Health Care Educators Association of NL Special Interest Group to support RNs in staff or clinical educator roles to participate in non-credit continuing education activities that support their educator role (e.g., conference, post-basic course, CNA Certification). Academic programs (e.g., BN, MN) are not eligible.
Value: up to $750
April 15th for CNA certification, conferences and courses between January 1st and June 30th
October 15th for CNA certification, conferences and courses between July 1st and December 31st and all other eligible CE events
- There is only one bursary awarded per year.
- Funding decisions for the Spring competition will be made in early-mid May. The Fall funding decisions will be made in mid-late November.
- Applicants will be notified whether or not their application is successful. Notifications will be sent via email using the address provided in your application. Please be sure to provide an email address that you check regularly.
- If your application is successful, the Trust will reimburse the amount of your bursary after you submit the required documentation.
- Bursary amounts may be adjusted based on the confirmation of your expenses.
- Due to an increase in the number applications, we are no longer able to respond to individual requests for information regarding the status of an application.
Applications are accepted from Registered Nurses who:
- are employed in staff or clinical educator role with one of the Regional Health Authorities,
- are enrolled in a course/program/event to support their educator role,
- have not received the Health Educators Bursary in the past 5 years,
- are members in good standing with ARNNL, and
- are members of the ARNNL Education & Research Trust.
- All ARNNL members with a current practicing license are members of the Trust. ARNNL members with a current non-practicing membership can become members of the Trust by paying the $10 Trust membership fee.
- Preference will be given to applications from current practicing members.
- Recipients of Trust bursaries named in memory of an individual or designated for a particular specialty practice area in the past 5 years are eligible to apply for this bursary.
How to Apply
Please review the Application Requirements Document before you begin the application. The requirements for supporting documentation are outlined in the document.
Applications must be completed using the Online Application Form.
Applications for the Spring competition must be submitted by the appropriate deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
Please see the Tips & FAQs page for answers to frequently asked questions and advice on completing your application. If the information you require is not listed there, please use the Online Contact Form to send us your question.