CNA Certification bursaries are awarded annually to assist RNs and NPs to obtain certification from CNA. Applications are accepted from current ARNNL members in any practice setting or employment position.
Value: up to $500
April 15th for initial or re-certification between January 1st and June 30th of the current year
October 15th initial or re-certification between between July 1st and December 31st of the current year
- Applicants will be notified whether or not their application is successful. Notifications will be sent via email using the address provided in your application. Please be sure to provide an email address that you check regularly.
- If your application is successful, the Trust will reimburse the amount of your bursary after you submit the required documentation (confirmation of expenses, receipts, proof of successful certification or re-certification etc.).
- Bursary amounts may be adjusted based on the confirmation of your expenses.
- Due to an increase in the number applications, we are no longer able to respond to individual requests for information regarding the status of an application.
Applications are accepted from Registered Nurses who:
- are employed in nursing in NL,
- are writing the CNA Certification exam or receiving re-certification by continuous learning in the current year,
- have not received a Trust CNA Certification Bursary in the past five (5) years,
- are members in good standing with ARNNL, and
- are members of the ARNNL Education & Research Trust.
- All ARNNL members with a current practicing license are members of the Trust. ARNNL members with a current non-practicing membership can become members of the Trust by paying the $10 Trust membership fee.
- Preference will be given to applications from current practicing members.
- Recipients of Trust bursaries named in memory of an individual or designated for a particular specialty practice area in the past 5 years are eligible to apply for this bursary.
How to Apply
Please review the Application Requirements document before you begin the application. The requirements for supporting documentation are outlined in the document.
Applications must be completed using the online application form.
Applications for certification between January and June of this year must be submitted by April 15th.
Applications for certification between July and December of this year must be submitted by October 15th.
Late applications will not be considered.
Please see the Tips & FAQs page for answers to frequently asked questions and advice on completing your application. If the information you require is not listed there, please use the Online Contact Form to send us your question.