Administrative Deadline for Annual Licensure Renewal 2020-21 Extended to March 9th.
CRNNL registrants are advised that the deadline for submission of annual licensure renewal applications extended to March 9th. Your practicing license will still expire on March 31.
Registrants who practice without a valid practicing license will be subject to an Unauthorized Practice Fee in accordance with CRNNL Bylaw Article III, section 4(A) ($100/shift worked with no maximum) and discipline in accordance with section 21 of the RN Act where the period of practice exceeds 3 shifts from and including the 1st shift.
CRNNL’s online system is available to registrants who are:
- Renewing their annual practicing license and/or non-practicing membership;
- Non-practicing and wish to update to a practicing license during the licensure year;
- Currently registered and wish to update their contact information, including mailing and email addresses, and employer information;
- Currently registered and wish wish to view their practice hours on file at CRNNL for the previous 5 years.
- New graduates and IENs, who have been granted provisional registration, seeking interim licensure.
- New Nurse Practitioner (NP) graduates seeking interim licensure as an NP.
- New graduates who have successfully completed the RN registration exam and wish to apply for initial licensure/membership; and
- Lapsed registrants (previously registered with CRNNL) returning to NL.
- Ensure you have an up-to-date email address on file with CRNNL.
- You can retrieve or change your password by clicking on the 'Forgot or Change your Password' link and follow the instructions (see FAQs for additional information).
- Registrants who are enrolled in payroll deduction through their employer can renew online.
- Payment options available to registrants include VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Diners Club, Interac and CRNNL Pre-Authorized Payment withdrawal.
Overview of licensure renewal process
- Review requirements for renewal of RN Licensure (Section 12) or requirements for renewal of NP Licensure (Section 13) in RN Regulations.
- Review Fact Sheet on Licensure Conditions and FAQs.
- If licensed/registered to practice in another jurisdiction (province/state/country) within the last 12 months request a verification of registration (letter of good standing) from each jurisdiction be sent directly to CRNNL.
- Complete licensure renewal application, including fee, through MyCRNNL prior to March 1 administrative deadline.
- Complete Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS) registration and payment process for professional liability protection. Upon completion of CRNNL renewal application, you will be redirected to the CNPS site.
- Submission of practice hours (if applicable) – Regional Health Authorities (RHA) have agreed to submit electronic confirmation of practice hours directly to CRNNL. If employed with an employer other than an RHA, an official letter confirming your hours of practice must be submitted to CRNNL.
- Registrants will receive email receipt once license has been processed.
- Registrants and employers can confirm licensure status though CRNNL’s Member Search. No paper/hard copy licensure cards are issued.
Information for RNs who practiced/worked in another province/jurisdiction
If you are registered/licensed in another province, territory or country, you will be required to provide a verification of registration to CRNNL. This is a common licensure renewal requirement for a number of registered nurse regulatory bodies or other regulated health professions across the country. This confirmation must be received at CRNNL prior to March 31. Download the Verification Request Form.
Submission of hours
The four Regional Health Authorities (RHAs) and a small number of other employers electronically submit hours of nursing practice directly to CRNNL. Registrants not employed with one of these employers must continue to submit official documentation of their nursing practice hours to CRNNL, as in previous years. Registrants may scan and email official confirmation of hours to CRNNL at email@example.com, fax 709-753-4940, or send via regular mail. Be sure to include your CRNNL Registration number on your confirmation of hours so they can be correctly entered on your file.