Navigating the Landscape of the Opioid Crisis in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Is an addiction a voluntary or involuntary behavior?
- What should health professionals consider in their assessments and interventions?
- What societal impacts and trends are we seeing as a result of addiction to opioids?
- How does harm reduction fit in the model of care?
- What initiatives are the province implementing to address the Opioid Crisis?
Heather Hunt BSW, RSW, Individual Support Coordinator, THRIVE, Street Reach,
Sgt. Steve Knight Team Leader, Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit-NL,
Colleen Simms MA, RN, Director of Provincial Mental Health and Addictions, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, and
Trena Snook RN, NP, GNC(c), Mental Health and Addictions, Eastern Health.
Annette Johns MSW, RSW, Associate Director of Policy and Practice, Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Social Workers
Pam King-Jesso RN, BN, MN, Nursing Consultant, Policy & Practice, Association of Registered Nurses Newfoundland and Labrador