Info for HEALTHe NL: Prescription Monitoring Program
By June 30, 2018, all prescribers in the province who are writing prescriptions for opioids as part of their care plan will be required to review a patient’s medication profile using HEALTHe NL before writing a prescription on the tamper resistant prescription pad. This is a part of the Provincial Government’s new Prescription Monitoring Act legislation. If you do not yet have access to HEALTHe NL, the registration form can be found at https://www.nlchi.nl.ca/images/2018_Healthe_NL_Registration_Form-April.pdf. Please complete the form and return to email@example.com to ensure that your account gets created promptly. Once you have submitted your registration form, there are two options for training:
- You can attend an in-person demo of HEALTHe NL at one of the sessions listed below. This will take approximately 20 minutes and will provide the opportunity for questions and discussion. You will need to have your ID badge or license with you for verification.
- Health Sciences Centre Room 2767 Tuesday, May 29 – 2:00 - 4:30pm
- Health Sciences Centre library Computer Training Room: May 22, May 29, June 5, June 12, June 19 or June 26 – 4:30 - 7:30pm
- St. Clare’s Room S302 Wednesday, May 30 – 2:00 – 4:00pm
- Western Memorial Regional Hospital 3rd floor Information Mgmt Training Room: Tuesday, June 12 9:00am-12:00pm; 1:00-4:00pm
- You can view online training videos that will provide an overview and demo of HEALTHe NL and incorporates the key learning objectives of the in-person demos.
- To view the videos, please follow this link - HEALTHe NL Training Videos
- After viewing the videos, contact Raleen Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org so she can set up a facetime session with you to verify your identity (see your face and a piece of photo ID) and issue your account username and password.
If you cannot attend a session or view the online training videos, please contact Raleen Murphy at email@example.com for other arrangements.