Substance use trends in Canada: What nurses need to know — A five-part series Join this series
Join this series and hear nurse experts discuss some of today’s key questions regarding substance use. What roles are nurses playing to prevent and respond to these complex health issues? Learn more about nursing approaches, the nurse-client relationship and how to address the substance use stigma. The five webinars will examine:
- Opioid overdose prevention basics for nurses — March 7
- An evidence-based review of opioid agonist treatments and what they mean for nursing practice — April 4
- Supervised consumption sites: Where are we now? — May 2
- Creating safe spaces in health care for people who use drugs — late May, date coming soon!
- Cannabis in Canada: Implications for nursing in a changing legal and health-care landscape — late May, date coming soon!
Be part of the conversation. The registration link can be found below. Certified nurses may apply webinars toward their continuous learning hours.
There have been a lot of developments in the past year related to supervised consumption sites. This webinar will:
- Provide a brief overview of the history of consumption sites in Canada and policies surrounding them
- Explain where we are now from a policy, advocacy and practice standpoint
- Conclude with recommended resources, ways to get involved and next steps