The purpose of this award is to annually recognize a registered nurse who demonstrates excellence in nursing research. The award will only be given if a nominee meets the criteria, therefore, the award may not be given each year.
Deadline: December 10, 2018
To be eligible for an Award for Excellence in Nursing Research, an RN must:
- Be a current a practicing member of the ARNNL
- Be a member in good standing, and
- Be involved in conducting health care research as the main researcher, or assist with the implementation of experimental studies or with the collection of data and/or by dissemination and utilization of results.
In addition, the nominator must be able to provide evidence of the RN's:
- Commitment to improving the quality of health care
- Innovation, creativity and flexibility in the pursuit of research
- Leadership and professionalism
- Commitment to life-long learning, and
- Contribution to the development of the nursing profession.
- Review the criteria (above) to determine if the potential nominee is eligible for this award.
- Obtain the nominee's permission to submit her/his name for nomination for the award of excellence.
- Obtain the permission of two nursing colleagues who agree to act as a reference for the nominee to submit their names as referees. The nominator cannot act as a reference.
- Complete the nomination form.
- To complete the nomination form you will need to know the nurse's professional history and be able to provide examples of how the nurse excelled in each of the categories listed in the criteria. It is suggested that you review a curriculum vitae/resume from the nominee, personally interview the nominee and, as necessary, interview colleagues to obtain this information.
- Please note that you can leave the nomination form and resume it later if you use the same computer and the same web browser by clicking 'Save Draft.' If you attempt to resume completing the nomination on another computer or using a different browser, you will have to restart from the beginning.
- The nomination checklist outlines the questions in each section of the nomination form and can be used to help guide the collection of relevant information.
The deadline to submit your nomination is December 10, 2018
In order for your nomination to be considered complete you must submit:
- A completed nomination form
- A curriculum vitae or resumé with a summary of the nominee's educational, professional and work experiences (send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org), and
- The names of two referees (cannot include the nominator).
Contact Jennifer Lynch at email@example.com or (709) 753-6075 if you need clarification of any aspect of the nomination form/process.
The Committee will consider only the documentation requested.
The Committee will request references.